HOW HIT-A-THON WORKS
Our annual PFLL fundraiser is upon us - the Hit-a-Thon. For those new to the league this year, this is a fun event where the players walk away with a sense of accomplishment and the thrill of good hit, while raising funds that 100% go back to field maintenance, equipment, tournament costs, etc.
We make it super easy to pledge and donate since it's all online. Plus, kids and teams can earn awesome prizes, like Amazon gift cards. And, we made it even easier this year by scheduling team pictures to be within same hour, same location as their hit-a-thon time.
PLEASE REVIEW FULL DETAILS BELOW.
WHEN: Sunday April 22. See full schedule below.
WHERE: Bernal fields - TBall, 5 and 6
All pledges and donations should be made online and we have two options: 1) Flat rate pledge or 2) pay per foot . (Watch out for those sluggers who can hit 250 feet!)
The pledge page will be open 2 weeks past the Hit-A-thon event in order to help our players further promote their hitting distance with out of town family and friends.
Remember the money donated to our PFLL league is tax deductible and the our Tax ID is on the donation pledge page.
HOW HITS ARE MEASURED.
Each player gets 5 hits. It's Manager's discretion for how many pitches. We are providing pitching machines and Tee's for convenience.
- All TBall and Farm will hit off Tee.
- Single A has the option to do Tee or pitching machine.
- AA, AAA, Majors will be pitching machine. We will have board members available to help calibrate the machines for all divisions.
Hit will be measured by distance in feet. We will provide measuring forms and tape measures but your teams need to provide volunteers to help record the distance.
- TBall, Farm and Single A will be measured where the ball stops rolling.
- AA, AAA, and Majors will be where the ball hits the ground.
At the end of the day we want the kids to have fun, a good hitting experience and build team comaraderie.
EXCITING PRIZES AVAILABLE!
1) Team who raise the most - End of year party at Rock and Jump paid by league
2) Top 3 Individuals who raise the most - $200, $100, $50 gift card to Amazon
3) Hitter from each team who hits the furthest - Medals (presented day of or at Managers discretion)
4) Top Hitter from each division - Trophy presented during closing ceremonies